Become a Governor
Interested in becoming a Governor?
Each Governor contributes to the work of a school’s Governing Body in raising standards of achievement for all students, providing a strategic view and acting as a 'critical friend'.
Governors are skilled volunteers, wanting to support children and young people in their community. It's an opportunity to develop professional skills and experience, while building relationships and networks. Governors will ensure accountability for those involved in the running of the school and be accountable themselves for their decisions and actions.
At Learning Partners, we are always looking to further complement teams of school governors and review trust board governance skills. We hope that you'll consider joining us via exploring the opportunities below.
How to join us as a School Governor
Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat and more information - we'd love to hear from you and talk through the opportunities for new governors at our trust schools.
How to join us as a Trust Board Governor
At Learning Partners, we work in partnership with Academy Ambassadors, a free, bespoke service matching business people and professionals at multi-academy trusts looking to strengthen their boards.
Academy Ambassadors is a not-for-profit programme providing a bespoke, tailored matching service by identifying senior business candidates to join a multi-academy trust as a pro bono non-executive director.
- How do I get involved? Find out how you can use your skills on an academy trust board.
- Resources for non-executive directors
- Browse the board opportunities we are currently recruiting for and register your interest
- View upcoming events and visits across England, including business breakfasts; training workshops and academy visits
- Hear from business leaders and professionals about what motivated them to get involved in the academies programme
- Contact us. Want to know more? Get in touch and upload your CV
We are looking for talented business leaders to work with us to provide a better future for the next generation.
Whichever route you choose to take, we look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to our teams.